Saturday 18 August 2018

I love the simple life

...
I have memories of farm life and all the wonderful time spent there..
Those summer days of long ago were almost upon me once again. Lazy days on ayah's farm, swimming in river or pond beside my old school, the scent of fresh nasi goreng drifting sweetly through the air keeping us near to home, pretending to be cowboys or pirates as we weaved in and out of tall stalks of corn n paddy and afternoons spent explorin' atok's old barn ....
The barn was a fascinating place for my brother ,me n friends, a place of mystery and adventure, a place lost in time.
 Back when atok n ayah was younger and had worked this farm with the vigor and vitality of a young man, there had probably been  more livestock, chicken n cows. Now, all abandoned...no more..empty
Its spirit were gone from it.






No comments: